This Common Mistake Could Make You Sick

photo via getty.

According to Amreen Bashir, a lecturer in biomedical sciences at Aston University in Birmingham, England, says that ice cream that is left out on the counter to thaw is a breeding ground for listeria.

Listeria can cause fever, nausea, abdominal pain, diarrhea and cramping so in order to avoid that disaster is best to put the ice cream back in the freezer after getting a scoop or two.

 

Also, you should never eat straight from the container.

Bashir said: "Double dipping with a dirty spoon is also not only inconsiderate, it's an invitation to every nasty bug nearby." 

Nina Chantele

Nina Chantele

Nina Chantele is weekdays 3p-7p on Real 92.3 FM, 10a-3p on JAM'N 95.7 in San Diego, weekends on 104.3 MYfm and more! Read more

title

Content Goes Here