An 80-year-old man in France is recovering from injuries he received when he accidentally blew up part of his House -- because he was trying to kill a fly.
The incident happened Friday in the village of Parcoul-Chenaud, the BBC reports. The man had just sat down to dinner when a fly began buzzing around his head, authorities say. So he grabbed his electric fly swatter and went after the airborne insect -- unaware that a gas canister was leaking, local fire officials say.
According to the fire department, while trying to swat the fly, he emitted a spark that ignited the gas in the air.
The blast destroyed the man's kitchen, blew off part of his roof, and left the elderly man with "light burns," fire officials say.
It's unclear if the fly died in the blast.
Read more below: