photo via getty.
The Google Play store just announced a list of apps that are responsible for sucking up your battery life and not much else.
Despite the apps lack of functionality, they have been downloaded over 8 million times in the Play store.
When users open the apps they appear to be ‘not working’ but actually they attack your phone with malware and drain your battery.
All of the 9 apps in question come from a developer called Tools4TV and they include:
- Remote control for TV and home electronics
- Remote for television for free
- Air conditioner remote control
- TV remote controlling
- Remote for air conditioner
- Remote control for the car (prank)
- Universal TV remote controller
- TV remote controller
- Remote control.
Google has removed the suspicious apps from the play store but if you have one of these downloaded onto your phone it’s a good idea to remove it immediately.