photo via getty.
This weekend temperatures are expected to go up into the three digits. While weather officials recommend avoiding outdoor activity during this heat wave. Here’s a few ideas how you can keep cool this weekend in Long Beach.
- The beach being an obvious choice, but just make sure to drink lots of water and use sunscreen.
- The Aquarium of the Pacific. They are celebrating their 20-year anniversary, general admission is $30 for adults and $18 for kids 3-11 years old.
- Cooling Centers are open all across Southern California. Find a center near you here.
- Kids can play at local indoor playgrounds.
- Water parks or the city pools would also be a good option to keep cool.