Suge Knight was in court Thursday (August 3rd) morning in Downtown Los Angeles and plead "not guilty" to making death threats towards Straight Outta Compton director F. Gary Gray.
According to TMZ, the case revolves around apparent death threats Knight made via text message towards Gray over the portrayal of Suge's character in the 2015 film. Court records obtained by Variety show that the crime was allegedly committed on August 8, 2014, during filming of the movie.
TMZ reports, Suge's lawyer Mathew Fletcher read what he says are "the only texts he's seen between Knight and Gray. One read, "You have family, I have family, God bless you." Fletcher says Suge and the director had been arguing about whether Suge deserved a fee because he was being portrayed in 'Compton.'"