A woman says a latex glove was found in her husband's food from the Cheesecake Factory in Santa Monica. Laurie Graham said she was at a work event with her husband and decided to order Cheesecake Factory through a delivery app to their hotel room.
"I went to the lobby of the hotel, received the order. It was completely sealed and packaged. I got upstairs and we began to eat our food, and my husband was eating his fettuccine alfredo, and he took a bite and he thought it was hard chicken or some overcooked cheese and come to find out, it was a latex glove that had been melted into the food," said Graham.
Graham said her husband is "high-risk," and they are concerned about any possible exposure to COVID-19.
"My husband is diabetic and high risk. Immediately it's like this pit in the bottom of your stomach and you just feel nauseous and sick. He ran to the bathroom. We've worked so hard during this pandemic to make sure that he's not around people, that we are being safe, social distancing, wiping stuff down going into hotel rooms, double cleaning and checking everything and here we have it simply enjoying what is a safe meal because it's sealed and protected and this happens," said Graham.
Graham said she immediately called the Santa Monica restaurant and spoke with a manager.