Woman Glues Her Eye With What She Thought Were Eye Drops

(Photo by Will Russell/Getty Images)


A Michigan woman nearly lost her vision after she mistook a bottle of nail glue for eye drops.

According to ABC 7, Yacedrah Williams wanted to take her contact lenses out but her eyes were too dry. So she reached into her purse and grabbed what she thought were her eye drops.

However, by the time Williams realized she'd grabbed the nail glue instead, it was too late. Williams started freaking out and called for help.

"I was like, 'oh my goodness,' and it dropped in my eye and I tried to wipe it away and it sealed my eye shut," Williams said. "I just started throwing cold water and I was trying to pull my eyes apart, but I couldn't. And I was just screaming for him (her husband) to call 911."

Dr. George Williams of Beaumont Health told ABC 7, "if it's any comfort to her, she's not the first person to make this mistake."

Take a look at Yacedrah Williams' full story below.

Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content